- Ozonate water for health benefits;
- Kills bacteria, viruses, mould and spores;
- Eliminates bad odours;
- Disinfects fruit and vegetables;
- Disinfects water naturally;
- Removes chemical contaminants from panels, carpets, insulation systems, paints, dyes and plastics
- Quality long lasting Corona Discharge unit (not the UV unit which only last around a year)
- Includes 2 x diffuser stones and 2 x silicon tubing
- CE certification
- Power: 15W
- High output of up to 600mg/ hour.
- Wall mountable/ portable
- Useful wheel timer that can be set for 1 – 60 mins
Applications include making ozonated drinking water for health benefits; remove pesticide residues from vegetables and improve shelf life; use as an air purifier for fridge, small room, cupboards or the car.
Benefits of drinking ozonated water
Ozonated Water is one of the most wonderful substances known to mankind. The process of ozonating water can produce two results:
1/ Pure water free of bacteria, viruses, spores, parasites, and chemicals. Wonderful for drinking, or using in pools and hot tubs.
2/ If done properly, ozonated water can actually ‘hold’ ozone for a short period of time. With the proper use of a high purity, high output corona discharge ozone generator, and if the ozone is bubbled through the water long enough, this ozonated water can contain significant levels of ozone bonded to the water. This ozonated water, is beyond pure. Full of ozone and oxygen, this ozonated water is used topically as a healing and antibacterial / antifungal agent, on burns, scrapes, bruises, in dentristry, surgery, and many other applications. If you drink this water, you are actually drinking ‘ozone’.
Ozonated water is considered by many advocates to be highly beneficial, regardless of one’s health condition. The effectiveness of ozonated water has to do with the strength of ozone in it.
The major potential benefits of ozone in water include the following:
How to make ozonated water
Whether used simply to purify water, or whether highly concentrated highly pure ozone is used for healing and detoxification ozonated water is quite simply wonderful. Proper preparation is essential in order to achieve the benefits you seek. Making Medical Ozone Water requires a longer period of time than usually suggested. A short list of the instructions are as follows:
- Use an ozone generator that produces high concentrations of ozone. UV Ozone Generators will allow you to purify water, however the ozone output is so low, that making Medical Ozonated Water is basically impossible. You need to use a high quality Corona Discharge Ozone Generator like the ones sold here at Aquazone.
- Large bubbles of ozone do not allow proper transfer of the ozone into the water, therefore you must use only small bubbles. To make small bubbles you need a ‘bubbler’. The bubbler provided with this unit is an ozone resistant bubbler.
- Ozonate the water in a glass vessel; never use plastic. This ensures that your water remains pure and uncontaminated.
- Ozonate the water for a sufficient period of time. Ozonating for 5 minutes as most web sites suggest will do almost nothing. Ozonate each half litre of water for at least 20 minutes. Therefore if you are ozonating a litre of water you need to ozonate for 40 minutes. One gallon requires 2 hours. These times can be verified by testing the amount of ozone in the water. During this amount of time the water continues to absorb the ozone. Once these times have been reached ozonating for a longer period of time is not required- the water has already absorbed as much ozone as it possibly can.
- Use (or drink) the ozonated water within a short period of time after making it. The ozone will degrade back into oxygen, so you need to use the water before this happens. Keeping the water for later is possible by placing it in the refrigerator, however over a period of 24 hours, the water will lose up to 50% of the ozone.
- Ozonating water is one of the few cases where ‘more is better’. Water will absorb more ozone at the higher ozone concentrations. At the same time however you do not need to be concerned with having too much ozone in the water, as water is incapable of absorbing so much ozone that it would be harmful. Therefore ozonate away for the specified amount of time and you will make the best ozonated water.
- Filtered water is the best to used for ozonating. Some say filtered water is better than using distilled or Reverse Osmosis (R.O). However any kind of water can be used with beneficial results.
- We also use this for purifying tap water while traveling in countries where the tap water is suspicious. For instance the bottled water throughout India was simply “ozonated”.
Precautions when drinking ozonated water
- Drink ozonated water within 10 minutes, since ozone will lose its strength and effectiveness after that.
- The container that the ozone will be bubbled into must be made of glass. Ozone will cause plastic to be dissolved into the water.
- Take zinc, selenium, and vitamin E supplements when drinking ozonated water in order to support the detoxification process.
- Always use an ozone generator in a well ventilated area ie big room, leave a window open if possible. You should not breathe in ozone, since it can damage lung tissue.
- To minimise detoxification symptoms it is recommended to start out drinking one glass of ozonated water a day and then slowly build up to drinking up to 8 glasses a day
- Since ozonated water can significantly accelerate detoxification, some people experience cleansing symptoms, such as nausea, headaches, and stomach or bowel disturbances.
Use as an Air Purifyer
Ozonate a small room, fridge, cupboard or car. First remove the diffuser stone. Leave on for 30 minutes – 1 hour. Ozone when breathed can be an irritant to the lungs so ensure nobody is in the room or car when the ozone generator is on. The ozone takes a short time to dissipate after the machine is turned off so the room or car will be safe to enter again after half an hour. See more information on ozone for air purifying and deodorising here
Use as a Vegetable Washer
Simply fill your sink up with water with veg inside, make sure the stone diffuser is inserted on the end, and let the ozone diffuse for at least 20 mins.
Note: Ensure that the ozone generator is mounted higher than the water when it is ozonating to prevent back flow getting into the machine